If you forget the password you won't (and that means won't!) be able to access your work. At all. I can't, network managers can't, noone can. So don't forget it...
So, you have a database and you need to password protect it. Seems easy, but there's a crucial step that's more important than sneezing into a clean hankie. Here's how you go about it.
- Open Access. Not a database, just Access.
- Go File > Open and click once on the database you want to open. This will select the database rather than open it
- Now, find the Open button at the bottom right of the dialogue box. There's a little arrow next to it - click the arrow. Yes, the arrow.
- Choose Open Exclusive. The database opens.
- Now, go Tools > Security and set a password.