I love a good project. It's just the management bit that's a pain...
Some things that might be slightly useful - all from Wikipedia:
- list of Project Management topics, including activities which typically occur during a project
- the Systems Development Lifecycle, which is bascially the theory behind what happens during a project of any kind, an IT project specifically
- a Glossary of Project Management
- what RBS means
- intiation - which "determines the nature and scope of the development"
- planning or development - which designs and perhaps creates a prototype which is tested
- production or execution - which produces the actual thingy
- monitoring and controlling - which includes checking that everything's going well. The wiki page on this is well worth a look for ideas. It can also include maintenance - making sure that whatevers produced continues to work
- closing - finishing off and handing it over. In the real world this is quite often the "getting paid" section!